The German Last Mile Initiative project supports the COVID-19 vaccination campaign in the Palestinian Territories. Financing is provided by KfW Development Bank through the Support to COVID-19 Emergency Response and Vaccination Campaign project.
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the Palestinian Territories has been hampered by existing political tensions, the financial downturn, and a severely weakened public health sector. Bottlenecks in logistics and health personnel are a particular problem. To address these challenges, financing from the Initiative enables the deployment of health personnel for COVID-19 response and vaccination, enhances the response and outreach capacities of mobile health clinics, and provides health facilities with critical medical equipment and supplies. Mobile clinics provide people in marginalised areas with access to COVID-19 vaccination, as well as other health services. In addition, 420 health staff members are being deployed to further advance the vaccination campaign.
- Executing project: Support to COVID-19 Emergency Response and Vaccination Campaign
- Implementing organisation: KfW Development Bank
- Commissioned by: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Local partners: PLO, UNDP, Ministry of Health and Health Cluster of the oPt including WHO and UNICEF
- Funding: EUR 10 m from Last Mile Initiative
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org