The German Last Mile Initiative is supporting measures to raise the vaccination rate among Palestinian refugees in Lebanon. GIZ implements the financed measures through the Strengthening the Influence of Palestinian Refugees on their Living Conditions (PART II) project. It does so in close cooperation with the Lebanese Palestinian Dialogue Committee (LPDC), the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
The project aims to integrate five vaccination centres in refugee camps into primary health care facilities and to establish three mobile clinics. The NGO INITIATE supports these measures by providing fieldworkers who deliver awareness sessions in refugee camps and refer people for vaccination, and by helping with administrative and clerical work, such as registration, at UNRWA primary health care facilities. Finally, medical teams are trained in WHO COVID-19 vaccination protocols so that they are prepared to accommodate vaccine seekers.
- Executing project: Strengthening the Influence of Palestinian Refugees on their Living Conditions (PART II)
- Implementing organisation: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Commissioned by: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Local partners: LPDC, UNDP, INITIATE
- Funding: EUR 2.35 m from Last Mile Initiative (in addition to EUR 9 m core funding)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org