The German Last Mile Initiative enables partners in Tunisia to further develop digital platforms and systems for vaccination and pandemic management. GIZ implements the financed measures through the Digital4Reforms project.
The project supports the further development of the digital vaccination platform EVAX to reach out to citizens who have not yet been vaccinated and to ease their access to vaccines. The aim is for EVAX to be used as a platform for all necessary vaccinations and to provide a complete digital vaccination pass for all Tunisian citizens. In addition, the project supports the customisation and introduction of the digital pandemic management system SORMAS. This will enable at least 450 health facilities to transmit COVID-19 data, such as test results and mortality figures, in real time. In addition, it allows for the visualisation of transmission chains and contact tracing. The project also supports media outlets to correct misinformation about vaccines, and strengthens the capacities of relevant actors to communicate effectively, accurately and engagingly about vaccines. More than half a million people have been reached with short videos and radio spots thus far.
- Executing project: Digital4Reforms – Digitalisation for Sustainable Development in Tunisia
- Implementing organisation: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Commissioned by: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Local partners: Ministry of Digitalisation, Ministry of Health
- Funding: EUR 0.9 m from Last Mile Initiative (in addition to EUR 10.9 m core funding)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com