The German Last Mile Initiative supports Tunisia’s national vaccination campaign through measures which strengthen the capacities of the health system to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and mitigate its negative impacts. With financing from the Initiative, provided through the KfW Development Bank, UNICEF creates vaccination demand and enhances vaccine uptake in Tunisia through risk communication and community mobilisation activities. In addition, it strengthens capacities to coordinate and implement vaccination campaigns, including through quality assurance measures and the improvement and establishment of COVID-19 vaccination sites.
- Executing project: Investment in Tunisian Health Capacities in the COVID-19 crisis, Phase 2
- Implementing organisation: KfW Development Bank
- Commissioned by: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Local partner: UNICEF
- Funding: EUR 5 m from Last Mile Initiative
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org