Logistical issues, including the storage and cooling of COVID-19 vaccines, pose major challenges for the vaccination campaign in Yemen. With financing from the German Last Mile Initiative, implemented through the KfW Development Bank, the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is improving storage capacities for 3.5 million vaccine doses in Yemen by rehabilitating and constructing 28 refrigeration facilities. This will enable the vaccination of up to two million people. It is also training 400 employees to use the refrigeration facilities in order to improve warehouse management. These measures enable the nationwide distribution of vaccines and improve general storage capacities for medical products.
- Executing project: Support for Vaccination Logistics in Yemen
- Implementing organisation: KfW Development Bank
- Commissioned by: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Local partner: United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- Funding: EUR 21 m from Last Mile Initiative
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org