The German Last Mile Initiative supports the national vaccination campaign in Bolivia. GIZ implements the financed measures through the Improving Infrastructure and Information Campaign to Support the Vaccination Programme in Bolivia project.
The project supports local partners to carry out awareness campaigns and develop communication strategies targeted at specific population groups in order to increase their willingness to be vaccinated. In addition, it procures professional storage and transportation containers for COVID-19 vaccines to help strengthen cold chain logistics. These measures reinforce the capacities of medical brigades and communities to distribute vaccines. Trainings are also being provided to health care personnel to improve their technical skills. Finally, a study into the effectiveness of a fourth dose of vaccine against the Omicron variant will provide important learnings for future awareness campaigns and public health policy decisions.
- Executing project: Improving Infrastructure and Information Campaign to Support the Vaccination Programme in Bolivia
- Implementing organisation: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Commissioned by: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Local partner: Ministry of Health and Sports
- Funding: EUR 1 m from Last Mile Initiative (in addition to EUR 11.2 m core funding)
- Contact: email@example.com