The German Last Mile Initiative supports the involvement of private health clinics in the national COVID-19 vaccination programme in Malawi. On behalf of the German government, KfW Development Bank finances the measures through the Programme for Reproductive Health (N’zatonze). The programme aims to increase access to COVID-19 vaccinations through outreach clinics and private Tunza clinics in selected districts, including Blantyre, Lilongwe, Machinga, Mzimba North, Mzimba South, Nsanje, Ntcheu, Ntchisi, Rumphi and Thyolo. In addition to vaccination activities, the programme also finances sensitisation and information campaigns which address common misconceptions about vaccination and seek to reduce vaccine hesitancy. Community mobilisation activities, door-to-door outreach by health workers, and electronic media are used to reach people with information about the benefits of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Executing project: Programme for Reproductive Health (N’zatonze) II
- Implementing organisation: KfW Development Bank
- Commissioned by: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Local partner: Ministry of Health
- Funding: EUR 3 m from Last Mile Initiative (in addition to EUR 15 m core funding)
- Contact: email@example.com