The German Last Mile Initiative supports efforts by the Ministry of Public Health and Hygiene and the Expanded Immunisation Programme (Programme Elargi de Vaccination (PEV)) to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19. GIZ implements the financed measures through the Reproductive and Family Health project in Guinea. The project promotes vaccination through awareness-raising campaigns conducted via mass media and in communities in Faranah, Kindia, Labé, Mamou and N’Zérékoré regions. The campaigns target vulnerable groups and provide information about COVID-19, its modes of transmission and the benefits of vaccination. More than 41,000 people have been reached through information campaigns. The project has also trained more than 360 health workers to be part of vaccination efforts and helps regions and districts to organise vaccination campaigns. In addition, the project is organising consultation workshops with the PEV to support the integration of COVID-19 into routine vaccinations and to improve donor coordination.
- Executing project: Reproductive and Family Health in Guinea
- Implementing organisation: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Commissioned by: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, co-funded by EU
- Local partner: Ministry of Public Health and Hygiene
- Funding: EUR 2.0 m from Last Mile Initiative (in addition to EUR 24.5 m core funding)
- Contact: email@example.com