The German Last Mile Initiative is supporting the Government of Liberia to reach its target of vaccinating 70 percent of the population against COVID-19. GIZ implements the financed measures through the Health Systems Strengthening and Epidemic Prevention in Liberia project. With a particular focus on the remote counties of Southeast Liberia and on Montserrado, the project provides support for vaccination campaigns, procures infection prevention and control materials, and equips mobile vaccination teams with the supplies they need to distribute vaccines in hard-to-reach areas. In addition, it supports measures to improve the quality of data collection, analysis and reporting on vaccine coverage. The project works closely with county health teams to develop their capacities to lead vaccination campaigns in their catchment areas. This includes procuring vehicles and infection prevention and control supplies.
- Executing project: Health Systems Strengthening and Epidemic Prevention in Liberia
- Implementing organisation: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Commissioned by: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Local partners: Ministry of Health, National Public Health Institute in Liberia
- Funding: EUR 1.0 m from Last Mile Initiative (in addition to EUR 11.5 m core funding)
- Contact: email@example.com