The German Last Mile Initiative is helping to raise awareness about COVID-19 vaccinations among school-age children and vulnerable populations in Indonesia, Lao PDR and the Philippines. GIZ implements the financed measures through the Fit for School programme.
In Indonesia and the Philippines, the Fit for School programme supports awareness campaigns carried out via social media and television. Additionally, a Filipino youth network is launching a peer-to-peer social media campaign for and by young people. The campaign has a particular focus on vulnerable groups.
In Lao PDR, Fit for School is developing outreach campaigns in close cooperation with PLAN International and Save the Children Laos. The emphasis here is on mobile vaccination clinics in remote rural areas and vaccination awareness campaigns in local languages, with a particular focus on schools and hospitals.
- Executing project: Fit for School – Regional School Health Programme in South East Asia
- Implementing organisation: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Commissioned by: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Local partners: Save the Children und Plan International Laos (Lao PDR); Filipino Youth Network
- Funding: EUR 1 m from Last Mile Initiative (in addition to EUR 5.74 m core funding)
- Contact: email@example.com