The German Last Mile Initiative supports partners in Cameroon to carry out vaccination campaigns among vulnerable populations. GIZ implements the financed measures through the Support to the Health System and Family Planning for Resilience in Cameroon (ProPASSaR) project. To strengthen the national health system’s operational capacities to carry out vaccination campaigns, the project trains health workers and public health officials to implement awareness activities. It also trains health personnel to administer vaccines. In total 1,585 health workers and public health officials have been trained thus far. In addition, the project supports the Ministry of Public Health to improve the immunisation information and surveillance system. This enhances the quality of data collection and enables better evidence-based decision-making. Finally, with support from the project, two regional vaccine storage facilities are being equipped with solar energy.
- Executing project: Support to the Health System and Family Planning for Resilience in Cameroon (ProPASSaR)
- Implementing organisation: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Commissioned by: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Local partners: Ministry of Public Health, Regional Funds for Health Promotion
- Funding: EUR 3.45 m from Last Mile Initiative (in addition to EUR 17.27 m core funding)
- Contact: email@example.com