The German Last Mile Initiative supports the COVID-19 vaccination campaigns in Benin and Niger. With financing from the Initiative via the KfW Development Bank, UNICEF carries out campaigns against COVID-19 and other vaccine-preventable diseases and implements protective measures against communicable diseases such as malaria. Efforts are particularly aimed at enabling women and children to access inclusive and sustainable quality health services, routine vaccinations, and treatment for childhood illnesses. Technical support is also provided to the rollout of COVID-19 vaccination, routine immunisation and malaria control.
- Executing project: Supporting the Vaccination Logistics in Niger and Benin
- Implementing organisation: KfW Development Bank
- Commissioned by: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Local partner: UNICEF
- Funding: EUR 25 m from Last Mile Initiative
- Contact: email@example.com