The German Last Mile Initiative supports the implementation of COVID-19 vaccination campaigns in the partner states of the East African Community (EAC), focusing on Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. Financing is provided via the KfW Development Bank. The aim of the support is to strengthen the population’s awareness of COVID-19 vaccines and to enhance vaccine uptake. At the same time, the health systems’ capacities for vaccine delivery are strengthened. Financing from the Initiative is used to carry out awareness campaigns, to procure equipment and supplies for health facilities – such as cold chain equipment, ICT infrastructure, mobile vaccination vans, and personal protective equipment – and to conduct trainings for health workers on vaccine delivery and infection control.
- Executing project: Support to Vaccination Campaigns in East Africa
- Implementing organisation: KfW Development Bank
- Commissioned by: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Local partner: Aga Khan University
- Funding: EUR 8 m from Last Mile Initiative
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org